Intensive English Program - Level 6
Level 6 is designed to help students fine-tune their advanced English language skills so students can speak, read, write, and listen with more sophistication and proficiency.
INTEGRATED SKILLS COURSE (AM)
|TEXTBOOK: SUMMIT 2
| COURSE OBJECTIVES:
1. Independently obtain, provide, and exchange key information for important personal tasks in complex routine and some non-routine situations.
2. Actively and effectively participate in 30-minute formal exchanges about complex and abstract information in order to analyze, problem-solve, and make decisions.
3. Comprehend main points, details, speaker's purpose, and levels of formality and style when communicating in moderately demanding contexts of language use.
4. Understand an expanded range of concrete, abstract, and conceptual language. Determine mood, feelings, and attitudes.
5. Read authentic multipuporse texts: newspaper items, short stories, popular novels, routine business documents, and sections of textbooks.
6. Read in English for ideas and opinions to find general information, specific details, and content areas.
7. Sufficiently grasp the meaning of text to paraphrase or summarize key points.
8. Write to offer and request information, clarification, and confirmation. Also write to express feelings, opinions, and ideas to mostly familiar readers.
9. Demonstrate good control over common sentence patterns, coordination, spelling, and mechanics.
10. Interact and communicate with other English speakers in a culturally appropriate manner.
ACTIVE LISTENING COURSE (PM)
|TEXTBOOK: REAL TALK 2
| COURSE OBJECTIVES:
1 Provide and exchange key information for complex routine and non-routine situations.
2. Actively participate in short formal exchanges about complex, abstract, and conceptual information.
3. Analyze, problem solve, and make decisions.
4. Interact to coordinate tasks with others, to advise or persuade, or to reassure others in one-on-one situations.
5. Follow a broad variety of general interest and some technical topics.
6. Comprehend an expanded range of concrete, abstract, and conceptual language.
7. Determine mood, attitudes, and feelings.
8. Infer speaker's bias, purpose, and some other attitudinal and socio-cultural information.
9. Understand and use sufficient vocabulary, idioms, and colloquial expressions to follow detailed stories of general popular interest.
Review the course descriptions for all of our Full Time English levels:
Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4, Level 5, Level 6