Part Time English Course in the AM - 10 lessons/week (7.5 hours/week)
View Part-Time English Courses in the PM
View Standard English Courses
INTEGRATED SKILLS CLASS (AM)
During the morning session, students study four English skills - reading, writing, speaking and listening - through a “Communicative Language Teaching” methodology. New grammar patterns are learned in the context of a conversation or a real-life situation. Students also use various activities to practice English conversation including listening tasks, role plays, and discussions. Practical reading and writing tasks and vocabulary studies are presented as well in our 6 available levels. Students can begin on any Monday.
1. Develop listening skills needed to understand native speakers.
2. Follow and get the main meaning of conversations between native speakers.
3. Speak with some confidence with native speakers in general daily topics such as greetings, shopping, family, etc.
4. Build vocabulary about different common daily topics so that you can express yourself better.
5. Express basic feelings in English. For example, offering help, agreeing and disagreeing with what people say, arguing about a topic, explaining feelings to a doctor, reporting an emergency or accident and expressing surprise.
1. Develop confidence in starting, following and carrying a basic everyday conversation with native speakers.
2. Develop and use more grammatical functions needed to function effectively in English.
3. Expand your basic reading and writing skills necessary to function effectively in an English environment.
4. Understand your learning style and be able to check your own progress.
5. Learn and appreciate different ways people see the world.
1. Communicate comfortably in most common situations.
2. Increase the number of useful everyday vocabulary you need to communicate basic ideas.
3. Increase your fluency and sophistication levels when talking about common daily topics such as health, marriage, jobs, and transportation.
4. Refine and expand the use of grammar needed to function effectively.
5. Expand your reading skills necessary to interpret authentic articles written by English speakers.
6. Develop writing skills needed to describe desires, facts and opinions.
7. Understand your learning style and be able to check your own progress.
8. Learn and appreciate different ways people see the world.
1. Communicate fluently and with confidence in most common situations.
2. Increase your vocabulary repertoire.
3. Develop increasing fluency and sophistication when using English for more specific purposes.
4. Refine and expand the use of grammatical functions.
5. Expand your reading skills necessary to interpret authentic and increasingly more technical articles written by English speakers.
6. Develop some basic critical thinking skills needed and required in the English speaking working world.
7. Develop effective listening skills when communicating and relating with people.
Level 5 & 6:
1. Expand the topics you can discuss and understand in English (develop an ability to discuss topics in further detail).
2. Expand your knowledge and use of grammar and vocabulary.
3. Speak English fluently that is, express a wide range of ideas without unnecessary pauses or breakdowns in communication.
4. Use an acceptable standard of pronunciation and grammar when communicating.